General Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is a psychiatric condition best characterized by worries that are excessive and interfere with normal social functioning. The worry is intense and pervasive, lasts a long time, and frequently occurs for no reason. People suffering from GAD are likely to perceive everyday life as unmanageable. For adults to be diagnosed with GAD, they will exhibit at least three of the six primary symptoms.
People who suffer from Panic Disorder experience recurring sudden and intense fear that peaks within a matter of minutes. A panic attack may be expected or be unexpected with no discernible trigger at the time. The intensity and frequency of panic attacks can have a wide range. In addition to having at four of the 13 defined symptoms, panic disorder requires that a panic attack be followed by a minimum of one month of worry about additional attacks and/or behavior is changed to avoid a panic attack.
Obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD) covers a related range of specific beliefs and behaviors. Obsessions are involuntary and unwanted intrusive thoughts that recur and persist and that an individual attempts to neutralize by performing a compulsion. Compulsions are thoughts or behaviors that are rigidly repeated; they are either excessive or not necessarily connected to the obsession. Examples include behaviors like showering for hours every day or arranging objects in a very specific order.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is one of several trauma-related disorders resulting from exposure to a traumatic or stressful event. These are experiences that are deeply distressing and disturbing and negatively impact individuals. PTSD can be military or non-military in nature and presents itself in a wide variety of ways ranging from emotional and behavioral symptoms to dissociative symptoms. Children under six years of age have separate diagnostic criteria.
- Warhammer Fantasy Skaven Army - Metal - Well Painted
- KOTOBUKIYA Muv-Luv Total Eclipse Su-47pzX1 BERKUT 1 144 Plastic Model Kit NEW
- BUFFALO BISON Plush Beanie Soft Toy Wild Animal Mary Meyer Flip Flops 28cm
- ST Model Beaver - Wing (With 2 servos) Z-STM140A
- HARRY POTTER QUIDDITCH THE GAME Board Game
- Minichamps F1 1 43 Scale - 400 010117 SAUBER PETRONAS K.RAIKKONEN
- 1 43 Mitsubishi Racing Lancer - 2012 Dakar Rally (G.Spinelli H.Youssef) Vit
- Brand New Transformers TFC Toys Poseidon P-002 P02 Cyberjaw Cyber Jaw US Seller
- S.H.Figuarts BODY CHAN (Female) DX SET Pale orange color Ver Figure BANDAI NEW
- Batman Savage World Figure - FunKo Free Shipping
- 1 6 Phicen, Hot Toys, TE - Batman Vs Superman Kryptonite Spear Glow In Dark Ver.
- Tintin-Lot books,passeports.Dont book play with Tintin EO of 1974
- CHAOS DAEMOMNS - BLOOD THRONE OF KHORNE - WARHAMMER - GAMES WORKSHOP
- Trumpeter 1 700 USS California BB-44 1945
- SCALEXTRIC SPANISH SRS RACERS LANCIA LC2 C016 1 32 SLOT USED BOXED
- FMS 1200mm Cj6 Main Landing Gear System (Complete Pr) FS-PN111
- Original Dinky Supertoys BBC T.V Roving Eye Vehicle NMIB
- ART MODEL AM0111 FERRARI DINO 206 N.196 TARGA FLORIO 1966 BAGHETTI-GUICHET 1 43
- Starter 1 43 scale resin - STAR012 Porsche 911 GT1 Le Mans 1996 UNBOXED
- LEGO City The Mine (4204) W Instructions
- Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Wingblade
- Resin soldier, Art, Russian Tanker, Tankist,Russian soldier, Red Army, WW2, 1 35
- 20mm napoleonic french - plastic carabiniers 18 cavalry - cav (18073)
- Marvel Legends Series 12 Inch Thor New MISB
Separation Anxiety Disorder manifests itself by age-related inappropriate and intense anxiety or fear relating to being separated from a person to whom the subject is attached. For a true diagnosis, this will last for a minimum (for adults) of six months and include at least three specific symptoms. The situation will also result in impairment of everyday living and functioning at home, school or work.
Phobias are fears or anxiety relating to a specific situation or object. Some well known examples include fear of spiders, heights, needles, enclosed places like airplanes or elevators, loud sounds, and clowns. The reaction is intense and severe and totally out of proportion to the real situation and the person will take means to avoid the object or situation, which can impact normal daily functioning.
Anxiety.org Advisory Board Member
Our Expert Affiliates
4570 Campus Drive, Ste 23
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Mon-Fri: 8:00am-5:00pm PST
THANK YOUYour message has been forwarded to a team member
Publish With Us
Be a Thought Leader
Anxiety.org is home to world-class doctors, therapists, researchers, and specialists producing groundbreaking mental health research and insights and sharing them with their peers, practitioners, and individuals who struggle with anxiety.
Grow Your Audience
Our content attractS readers from all over the world who look to us for trusted insight on mental health issues. Reach and connect with individuals and communities who want to know more about your work in the field of mental health.
Make a Difference
By publishing your research and insights with us, you seize the opportunity to impact humanity many lives by disseminating your insights faster and more widely. If you’re interested in making a difference, join us in our work.